Manitoba – Canada’s centre for International Education
Students who study abroad gain skills and experience that prepare them for success in an increasingly global economy. Language skills, inter-cultural learning, and self-reliance are just a few of the benefits that those who have studied abroad use to their advantage.
The member institutions of the Manitoba Council for International Education (MCIE) represent study abroad opportunities ranging from primary and secondary grades, post-secondary and language development programs.
Opportunities as wide as the prairie sky
Located in the geographic centre of Canada, Manitoba is an ideal location for students looking for a safe, affordable and dynamic study abroad experience.
Advantages of studying in Manitoba:
- Manitoba is located in the centre of North America. It is a 2-3 hours by plane from cities such as Vancouver, Toronto and Chicago.
- It’s a friendly, culturally diverse province. People from across the globe come to live in Manitoba so students have many cross-cultural encounters.
- The quality of education at every level is of the highest standard. There are internationally recognized study programs, state-of-the-art classrooms and research facilities, and highly trained instructors.
- Outstanding student support will have you feeling at home and comfortable quickly. Most institutions offer courses in English as an additional language (EAL) as well as support programs and services. Student associations can put you in touch with others from your country studying in Manitoba.
- A low cost of living, lower tuition fees and a number of scholarship and work opportunities make learning affordable compared with other Canadian centres. There are many types of living arrangements for students and medical insurance is reasonably priced and first-rate health services are easy to access.
- Our prairie province offers urban and rural study environments and an array of activities from street festivals to wilderness adventure. Students have no trouble finding things to do when you are not studying.
Visit our MCIE member list page to find the study abroad learning experience that’s right for you.